Friday, October 29, 2010

October 2010

Oct 6,2010 – rented the Karate Kid – the new one done in China – Allie really impressed me with how much Chinese she’s learned.
Oct 8, 2010 – Jenna’s birthday. We go bowling and out to dinner. We see a couple in Houlihan’s that has an Asian daughter. I stop by their table and give him a card with my cell phone – ask him to call. We go on to Silver Dollar City for the weekend- Breanna and Sabrina along for the ride.
Oct 11, 2010 – speculating with Carolyn that we really don’t need the entire dossier together to go to the MO secretary of state to get things updated. She decides to collect up what we have and go in this week.
Oct 13, 2010 – Carolyn goes to sec of state of MO to get certifications on all notaries. All docs pass except for both our medic al forms. Notary language is not in place.
Oct 16 2010 – We have 3 other couples from Holt (that we took the July class with) over for dessert. Jenny can’t make it, but all others are there. Very wonderful, high quality and fun people all around. Good to get their updates. Carolyn shares that we took our stuff down even though we don’t have the dossier back.
Oct 18, 2010, we get notified by USCIS for our fingerprint appointments – all on Nov 11.
Oct 22, 2010, Carolyn starts this blog.
Oct 23, 2010, I upload my log entries to the blog.
Oct 23, 2010 – Greg calls – the guy I dropped a card on in Houlihan’s. Their daughter is from China – they got her when she was about 2 – I think she’s 4 now – but could be 6 – I’m not sure I got this right. Have had a tremendously positive experience - loves his daughter – has a great family. Did not use Holt, but has heard good things about them. Gives me info about a class in Lees Summit on Saturdays for Chinese adoptees. Nice guy – lots of good info.
Oct 25, 2010, I go to my doc office to check on my notarized records – they notary only comes in on Friday’s and did not come in last Friday. Will check on 29th.
Oct 29, 2010, I go back to doc and get my notarized forms – Carolyn can now go back to Mo sec of state. If this flies, the only thing left will be to complete certify the USCIS app.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting...we are going to love reading what God is going to do. Thanks for sharing with us.

Amber said...

So excited for you guys! Loving this blog!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates! WOW! This is a huge undertaking from my perspective. I sense that the grace of God abounds for your family in this endeavor. Thanks for sharing the journal.
May the Lord bless and keep your child-to-be.

Amy said...

Sounds like things are really moving along. I can't wait for you to be matched with a child!

Laurie said...

So happy for the you and Carolyn and the girls. I can tell that you are very special people. The doors are opening one right after the other. Makes me think it is all part of His plan for your lives. God Bless !