Saturday, October 23, 2010

Great Reading

Baby, We Were Meant For Each Other, by Scott Simon, notable journalist and author, about his personal experience adopting two little girls from China. Awesome book "In Praise of Adoption".
I'm also on my third book by Amy Tan, author of The Joy Luck Club, The Bonesetter's Daughter and The Kitchen God's Wife. All so very very good, with such poignant insight into Chinese thinking, especially from a female point of view.

Holt International has provided book lists for adoptive "parents in process", many of which I've read and are incredibly good. (If anyone's interested, let me know - I'll get you the list).
In fact, if you've been looking for any children's books on China from the Lee's Summit library, sorry, I've had as many as I can get my hands on checked out.

When it comes to the topic of adoption per se, I'm always learning and gaining insight into my own heart and mind, since I'm adopted too. Wow. Big topic, but really, when you think about it, it's so very simple . . . and powerful.

Oy vay! I could write on this subject forever!

No comments: