Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Great Wall



Booked our Great Wall tour today. We decided as a family to go to a "ruined" section of the wall - the least touristy. It's called Ruined Badaling Great Wall. It's an all-day tour, with lots of hiking. No cheatin' cable car ascent, like the touristy sections. (7,000 miles away from somewhere we've never been, and we're being all snobby.)

It's going to be pretty cool, I'm thinking - by the way, it may be visible from the Space Station, but only using enhancing lenses, and it's not visible at all from the moon!
Ruined Badaling Great Wall
Here is a picture of part of the section we'll be hiking . . . Yikes!

3 comments:

Jerusha said...

Awesome! I'm REALLY wishing we had seen Great Wall instead of F.C. Oh well.

Beth G said...

I can't wait to hear about it later! I'm so happy for you that you get to take your girls for this! You can't see me, but I'm getting all dreamy-eyed thinking about it!

J Guerra said...

Way cool Doug! this will be an adventure of a life time for your family.